When looking to upgrade the appearance of your car, tinting is almost always the first option. The price-point is more affordable than a new paint job, and definitely cheaper than an entirely new car. Yet there are still some that choose to go the “DIY” route – and we’re not sure why.
- Resale value – a car that is tinted is always going to go quicker than the exact same model that is not. People like tint – so there is never any wasted investment on a professional tint job.
- Better driving – direct sunlight, or even sun reflecting off of white snow can cause hazardous conditions for drivers. Tint filters the light and helps you drive safer, and reduces UVA rays by up to 99%, which is actually good for your eyesight and health.
- Privacy – no more looking over and staring directly into the eyes of your fellow driver, clear as day. Having some privacy to organize your bag before you leave the car (or hide your mess) is always a positive.
- Security – not only does tint provide privacy, but also security for thieves looking to break into cars. If they’re not able to see any valuables, they’re less likely to take the risk of break and enter.
- Upholstery Protection – the sun is the worst degrader of all time. Leather seats especially suffer when in direct sunlight, day after day, with no protection. Your interior will stay in much better shape once a tint is applied.
Although there are other benefits, such as keeping your car cool, etc, these 5 points are quite compelling when it comes to the question of installing a window tint or not.
Given that a window tint is extremely valuable, and is never a wasted investment, we still wonder why some people choose to do it on their own, or with the cheapest quality of product. A good quality, properly installed window tint will last you a lifetime – and many of them come with that type of warranty. By installing a low-quality product or doing it on your own, you compromise the integrity of the entire install, and miss out on the above advantages of having a window tint.
When looking to start upgrading your vehicle, window tinting is a great place to start. Just make sure you get it done by professional, experienced technicians that can guarantee the quality of their work and product for the best end result.